To enlarge, please click on the map
The following pilot projects supported directly by the UNECE secretariat are implemented and funded in the framework of the Environment and Security Initiative (ENVSEC) in cooperation with other ENVSEC partner organizations as well as local partners. These projects are the following2:
- Pilot project on the Chu Talas Basin, shared by Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), UNECE and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).
- Pilot project on the Dniester Basin, shared by the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine, implemented by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), UNECE and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Pilot project on the Neman river basin, shared by Belarus, Lithuania and the Russian Federation, implemented currently by UNECE. This pilot project is currently funded by a separate agreement with Finland, however, it is expected that additional funding will be provided by the Environment and Security Initiative.
- Pilot project on the Sava river basin, shared by Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia, implemented by the International Sava River Basin Commission and UNECE.
The following already ongoing activities and projects have also been included in the programme of
- Activities on water and climate change on the Danube river basin, shared by Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Montenegro, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Ukraine, implemented by the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River (ICPDR).
- Project AMICE on the Meuse basin, shared by Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, implemented by 17 partner organizations, lead by the Etablissement Public de l’Aménagement de la Meuse (EPAMA)
- The project “Dauria going dry phase I” on the Amur/ Argun/ Daursky Biosphere reserve, shared by the Russian Federation, Mongolia and China, implemented by the World Wildlife Fund Russia and Daursky Biosphere,
- Activities regarding water and climate change adaptation in the Rhine basin, shared by Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, the Netherlands and Switzerland, implemented by the International Commission for the Protection of the Rhine
News And Events
Consultations and seventh meeting of Dniestr project, Chisinau, 9-10 July 2013
Fourth Workshop on Adaptation to Climate Change in Transboundary Basins (Geneva, 25–26 June 2013)
Final workshop on Flood Risk Management planning and Climate Change assessment in the Sava River Basin, Zagreb, 5-6 June 2013.
Workshop on Flood Communication in the Dniester River Basin May 27-28, 2013 Lviv, Ukraine
Workshop on climate change adaptation in the Neman river basin. Vilnius, Lithuania, 16 May 2013
Workshop and expert meetingRiver basin management and climate change adaptation in the Neman river basin. Minsk, Republic of Belarus, 19 March 2013
First meeting of the global network of basins working on adaptation to climate change and third meeting of the core group of pilot projects (Geneva, 20 - 21 February 2013)