Dauria Going Dry: adaptation to climate change in transboundary headwaters of the Amur River Basin
The project aims to develop and to promote science-based adaptation measures for the complex cycling climate of the Dauria region, which is severely affected by global warming. The project addresses domestic and international policy-making, as well as selected conservation and monitoring practices in the field. It is also planned to create a platform for scientists from interested countries to advance the understanding of dynamics in the Dauria ecosystems under climatic and anthropogenic influences.
The project coalition led by Daursky Biosphere (representing DIPA) and WWF Russia aims to harmonize transboundary river protection and management in Dauria through:
- Strategic assessment of river management options in the light of climate adaptation
- Establishing wetland monitoring system in both Argun and Uldz basins
- Enhancement of protected areas network as one of key adaptation measures -
- Awareness raising program program on climate adaptation in transboundary Dauria.
- Mr.V.Kiriliuk, Daruasky Biosphere reserve (DIPA) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Natalia Kochneva, Ministry of natural resources and ecology of Zabaikalsky kray. email@example.com
- Mr. E.Simonov, Consulant to WWF Amur Programme, firstname.lastname@example.org
News And Events
Consultations and seventh meeting of Dniestr project, Chisinau, 9-10 July 2013
Fourth Workshop on Adaptation to Climate Change in Transboundary Basins (Geneva, 25–26 June 2013)
Final workshop on Flood Risk Management planning and Climate Change assessment in the Sava River Basin, Zagreb, 5-6 June 2013.
Workshop on Flood Communication in the Dniester River Basin May 27-28, 2013 Lviv, Ukraine
Workshop on climate change adaptation in the Neman river basin. Vilnius, Lithuania, 16 May 2013
Workshop and expert meetingRiver basin management and climate change adaptation in the Neman river basin. Minsk, Republic of Belarus, 19 March 2013
First meeting of the global network of basins working on adaptation to climate change and third meeting of the core group of pilot projects (Geneva, 20 - 21 February 2013)